Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We all have Struggles

     We all have something that we struggle with in our lives.  If we are not careful it can consume us and soon we are not the person we use to be or want to me.  I always thought that my struggle was getting pregnant but after losing a baby I wonder if staying pregnant is my struggle.  This cycle is going very well so far but that has never been a problem for me.  I am not nervous about egg retrieval or transfer.  I feel very positive that I will get pregnant this cycle.  I am however very scared that I will lose the baby I am trying so hard to have.  Losing a baby  in utero or after has got to be the worst lose you can experience.

     I came across a blog of an acquaintance that I had meet at a mothers group.  He child had cancer and her blog was about the struggles they faced and the amazing things they did.  He passed away soon after his second birthday and the pain that she wrote about was heartbreaking.  She is still trying to heal from this loss and I wonder if you ever truly can?

     In life there are no guarantees. We think that after we get get pregnant everything will be just peachy.  Or  after the baby is born everything will be perfect, we have achieved our goal.  What if after all of that our struggles are just beginning?  What if our baby is ill?  What if their whole little life is in a hospital connected to tubes?  Are we prepared for that kind of heartbreak? 

No comments:

Post a Comment