Thursday, February 14, 2013

Egg Retrieval

   I feel like I have been waiting for this day forever.  I have to admit that I am scared.  I have a good chance of getting OHSS because my estradiol number was up over 5000.  In the end I had a lot of follicles but only 14 eggs. My last IVF we got 26 eggs and only two were good enough to transfer.  I really hope of these 14 I have one premium embryo to transfer.

     I had forgotten what it was like after egg retrieval.  I am so sore. I thought I would feel some relief getting all off the follicles out but not yet.  Hopefully in a few days the bloating will go down and the soreness will subside.  In the meantime  I will sit by the phone and wait to hear how many of our eggs fertilized.

     By the way I do not recommend reading any articles about "The Walking Dead"  I woke up from the anesthesia acting like a zombie... how embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment