Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Two Week Wait

     Wow did OHSS hit me with a bang!!!  I only had a mild cause but it was incredibly painful.  I had fluid in my abdomen but because it was high and not in my pelvic area the doctors went ahead and did a three day transfer.  So as of last Saturday I am officially in the two week wait.

    At egg retrieval we had gotton 14 eggs and 10 of them fertalized.  9 of them made it to day 2  and on day 3 we transfered 1  good embryo.  They will be sending me a letter sometime in the next week to let me know if any embryos were frozen.  At the time of transfer it looked like maybe we would have 2 but the doctors wanted to grow them a bit bigger before freezing them.  Hopefully they made it.

     I have 8 more days before my first beta test.  It's amazing how slow time can go when your waiting.  It's also amazing how suddenly to can come to big dissicions and feel peaceful about them.

Big Discission One: I will not do another egg retrieval.  If there ends up not being any frozen embryos then my infertility journey will be over and my family will be complete just the way it is. 

That's it just one for now, but it's a big one and one I feel comfortable about.  We'll see what else I come up with during the dreaded two week wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your two week wait goes by fast!!! GL and babydust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. So far I feel very positive about this cycle.

      Delete