Thursday, February 7, 2013

Too Many or Not Enough

     Today is IVF cycle day 7.   I have 11 follicles from 10 mm to 12.6 mm and 14 smaller follicles.  My estradiol level is 1037.   Tonight I will be doing three injections and going back to the RE in the morning to check my estradiol level.  My overies feel like they are the size of baseballs and I honestly hope I don't have to do another IVF ever again.

     Today someone asked if they should transfer one or two embryos.  Most people said two I of course said one.  I don't think people realize just how high risk a twin pregnancy can be.  In a blink of an eye things can go horrible wrong and it can take a long time to physically and emotionally heal from that trama and loss.

     As egg retrieval and transfer draws closerI worry.  I worry that my egg quality will be sub par, again.  I worry thay I will not have any embryos to freeze, again.  I worry that when I transfer only one embryo I will have chosen the wrong way, again.  And I dread ever having to do another IVF cyle, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment