Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sometimes I Wonder......

     For those of us that struggle with infertility trying to get pregnant can become life consuming.  When things go smoothly it involves nightly injections multiple oral medications and vaginal suppositories.  You are getting up at four thirty every morning to go get blood drawn and vaginal ultrasounds, checking the lining of your uterus and measuring follicles.  You tell yourself it only last about a month and if you are one of the lucky ones in nine months you have a baby in your arms.

     Now if you life is like mine you hit snags along the way.  My most recent snag is having polyps in my uterus.  To proceed with the above treatment I need to have these surgically removed.  This will included being put under anesthesia,  having my cervix dialated and then cutting out the polyps. 

     I find myself wondering why?  Why is it so important to me to have another baby?  I have a wonderful life.  I have a husband who loves me and wants nothing more than to see me happy.  I have two very dear children that really are my whole life.  It makes me wonder how I even have time to think about another baby.   Most of all I wonder why I think one more baby will make everything in my life feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment