Monday, January 14, 2013

Hysteroscopy

     I went for my hysteroscopy today and to be honest I really wasn't worried about it at all.  The procedure itself was a bit uncomfortable but not painful.  So I was a bit suprised when everything was not A okay.  There was one polyp that was clearly visible but not big enough to worry about.  What was  unsettling was the bottom part of my uterus was all wrinkles as my doctor so delicately put it.  Now there will be one more test, a sonohystergram to determine if these "wrinkles" are redundant folds (no surgery) or polyps (surgery). This is were if gets confusing to me because everything that I have researched  seems seems to say  a hysteroscopy is a more detailed procedure than a sonohysterogram.  I guess I will just have to wait till the sonohysterogram to know what the benefit of doing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment