Saturday, May 25, 2013

Seven Weeks Pregnant

     I had my ultrasound on Thursday and like my entire infertility journey it was mixed news.  The great news was yes there is a heart beat.  And it was a strong little heart rate of 136.  Baby is measuring at 6 weeks 5 days which was fine, I am seven weeks 1 day.  And the gestational sac was a little small but still in range.  What was not okay was the yolk sac.  It was measuring at 6.2 mm.  It should be between 3-5 mm.  So of course at this stage in a pregnancy there is really nothing I can do but wait.  Waiting is horrible and the internet is a terrible friend.  What I have learned it that most pregnancies with enlarged yolk sacks end in miscarriage.  That my baby has a 50/50 chance of making it through the first trimester.  And if my baby does make it an increased risk of  some type of genetic disorder.  I go back in a week to see if my baby's heart is still beating and praying that the yolk sack has collapsed down.

1 comment:

  1. I am saying lots of prayer for you! Stay strong and away from Google MD!

    ReplyDelete