Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fresh Outlook

     It's been six weeks since I got my BFN from my IVF cycle.  I've had a lot of time to think about how far I am willing to go.  How many treatments will I do?  Will I return to trying IUIs when my insurance will no longer cover IVF?  Well I think I know my answers to these questions that weigh on my mind on a daily basis.  One of the things I promised myself was that I wasn't going to let infertility consume my life and this last cycle I failed miserably.  It was time to stop the pity party and started living again.

     These last few weeks I have gotten back in the  kitchen and tried new recipes.  I have made significant progress on my first quilt that I have been making.  I have finished a busy book for my son. And I have planted my seeds in hopes of having an amazing garden this summer.

     What I have come to realize is that my life is good and I enjoy living it.  I am half way through my FET cycle and have not obsessed about the odds of being successful.  I refuse to take  multiple pregnancy test during the two week weight.  And for the next few weeks I will continue to do the things I love and not let infertility control who I am.

1 comment: