Friday, March 8, 2013

A Beauty Contest

     We had our follow up with our RE yesterday to discuss doing a FET since our IVF cycle failed.  We only have one frozen embryo so I am a little worried about that.  I did find out some interesting facts though.  Like   my frozen embryo has a 90% chance of surviving the thaw process and then a 50% chance of resulting in a pregnancy.  Not really sure how I feel about this.  A 50% chance doesn't feel so great to me.  Something else he told me that I found interesting was how they grade the embryos.  It is basically a beauty contest.  They only go by how the embryo looks which means that a perfect looking embryo could have chromosomal problems and not implant and an embryo that looks horrible could be discarded and in actuality it could have been a perfect embryo.  This kind of upsets me because most of my embryos get discarded because of their "quality".  At this point all I can do is what for AF to arrive so we can start this next cycle and hope that this little embryo is healthy and strong.

1 comment:

  1. With our FET, we thawed and transferred 2 frozen embryos. One thawed to 100 & expansion, and the other to 80% expansion. We are now pregnant with a little girl, Elliana. I know that the odds don't always sound that great with frozen transfers, but my husband and I beat those odds and had a great experience.
    I do hope that your little embryo does well through the thawing process!

    ReplyDelete